Sub Promotion

[그리스] 야나 선교사님 편지

• Griechenland
  • Dec 23, 2013

Hello Pastor Chang!

Here is our news from Greece.

Things at the Airport gypsy camp are going well. Children ages 5-10 are going to school and preschool. It helps to see them being able to read and got some basic knowledge there.

Here is our weekly program at the camp:

On Tuesdays we come 12.30 4.30, this is the time children are coming back from school. We have bible class or I like better to call it home group, with older children. After so many years knowing them they became so precious and close to my heart. We discuss different things, their problems, questions they have, pray for each other. Then we have a dance-acting class or do crafts. Also we have started to teach them English. It was not in our plans but they needed some help to do their homework for school. So we have about 8 kids and we have English class with them.

Then I do a class with younger children ages 4-6. It is more like a Sunday school, we sing, have a story and then have some fun activities dancing or crafts.

During the week I also go with Korean girls and visit some gypsy Albanian families who live in the houses. They are not doing as well as we wish. But we keep sowing the seeds and pray with God's grace it will bring fruits which will stay for eternity.

On Saturdays 10 to 2 we have art program or you can call it children's club. Now we are preparing a Christmas sketch with children, which they will show at the church and may be at their school. It goes very well. Children are making a progress and we are very proud of them. They learn to be a team, build relationship, love and respect each other. God gives us many different tools (gifts, different activities) to work with but the primary goal of it all is to get to know Him, come closer to Him, and grow in His love and true with all people.

Then on Sundays we have gypsy church. Gypsy women help with younger children. Twice a month I do class with older children at the Airport camp. Other Sundays I go with Kim and Sook Hee to Katerini where new gypsy church have been started. It has been done a lot of work there. Mr. Kim, Sook Hee and Korean girls are working with adults, doing worship and many other things. When you start a new church it looks quite difficult (at least to me), so many things need to be done. You definitely have to have love, vision and calling from God to do it. We thank God for Mr. Kim and Sook Hee for their love, patience, wisdom and vision for those people. I am thankful to God to work together with them. They are a great example and inspiration for many people here. I remember children at the airport camp how they were, when Sook Hee and Kim came first and to see them now makes such a huge difference. It helps me when we go to Katerini and I help with children there.

Some days I think “O, God! Is it possible for those people to have other life and future? It's only you who can change their hearts and lives.” It helps to have an example from the first Gypsy camp, seeing lives of the children and adults being changed by the love of God and people who were faithfully serving there. God did it there and He is able to do it anywhere. His love never fails and never ends, always believes and does miracles.  

I thank you for your support and prayers in this ministry.

God bless you for your love and help.

Yana Sotiriou

1.JPG

2.JPG

제목 날짜
[그리스] 야나 선교사님 편지 2015.09.30
[그리스] 야나 선교사님 편지 2015.05.27
[그리스] 야나 선교사님 편지 2014.11.17
[그리스] 야나 선교사님 편지 2014.06.10
[그리스] 야나 선교사님 편지 2014.04.01
[그리스] 야나 선교사님 편지 2013.12.23
[그리스] 야나 선교사님 편지 2013.04.27