Sub Promotion

[그리스] 야나 선교사님 편지

• Griechenland
  • Nov 17, 2014

Dear Pastor Chang and all your family,

Greetings to you from Greece and here is some of our news.

There are 3 gypsy camps we have been working at. To the first one at Perea I go once a week.  To keep our relationships with older children and not to lose them at teenager’s age. Unfortunately, it happens when children come to the age of 11-12 and if there is not ministry to the teenagers,  which will speak to their hearts and their needs they can get lost.  So, we meet on Saturdays have our talks, bible class, prayer time, dance and acting class. Children are doing well, they grew up physically and spiritually. But they have their problems as well and we try to help them, support spiritually and emotionally,  and encourage.   With this group of children we do every year performances at Christmas and  Easter.  So, this year we are making new program and would like to show it to other gypsy camps. 

There are some more workers are going there and do things with younger children.  As soon as I see that kids (mainly older children) are covered and have somebody pastoring them I will spend less time there.  Now I stopped going there on Sundays and instead of it are going to Katerini to help there with Sunday school

Now about  Katerini. This is the second gypsy camp, where we are going together with Pastor Kim and Sook Hee and local team from Katerini ‘s church. It has been not an easy time. But slowly slowly things are getting better.  We have a good team and it encourages us. Our strength is in being united and stand together in difficult and good times, supporting each other in any possible ways. We do children’s program on Fridays: worship, bible study, dance class and Sunday school on Sundays.  It is good to see children’s progress. After being wild for a long time, now we communicate better. They learn basic rules, listen and participate during the class. We build relationship of love and trust with them. There are still a long way to go, but we thank God for all changes in children’s life. They are precious and we love them very much.

We also keep going to Agia Sofia gypsy camp once a week. We do program for children in the yard of someone’s house. Children’s have learnt us and gladly follow the classes. This week after the class we were playing with children and their mothers were watching us and then asked us to play with us. They were jealous to see us playing. It was much fun.  People of that area are more familiar with us and it is easier to speak to them. It takes time to build trust relationships.   This week we also have meat with the director and workers of the Kindergarten for gypsies in that area. They are very nice people, hard workers, trying to get any possible help from government for gypsy children. We will help them to do art class with children twice a month.

I thank you very much for your faithful support through all this years. Without your help we would not be able to do what we do. May God bless you abundantly and His light shines brighter and brighter every day . 

With love and respect Yana Sotiriou

page2.jpg

page1.jpg

제목 날짜
[그리스] 야나 선교사님 편지 2015.09.30
[그리스] 야나 선교사님 편지 2015.05.27
[그리스] 야나 선교사님 편지 2014.11.17
[그리스] 야나 선교사님 편지 2014.06.10
[그리스] 야나 선교사님 편지 2014.04.01
[그리스] 야나 선교사님 편지 2013.12.23
[그리스] 야나 선교사님 편지 2013.04.27
[그리스] 야나 선교사님 편지 2012.12.27
[그리스] 야나 선교사님 편지 2012.06.12
[그리스] 야나 선교사님 편지 2011.11.25

비엔나 한인교회