Sub Promotion

[알바니아] 게니스(Genis) 선교사님 편지

• Albanien
  • Jan 19, 2011

Dear Pastor Chang and Vienna Korean Church!

Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Let me first of all wish you a blessed New Year from our heavenly Father to you personally, to your family, and the church you are shepherding.

I thank God brother for your continual faithful support in these years for me and the work of the Lord here in Tirana, Albania.

Thank you so much for your prayers in this time. We have had two very good Christmas meetings. The first meeting was for the children and the second one for the adults.

We had around 80-90 children coming in our meeting and we organized a special evangelistic program for them. The truth of Christ’s birth was communicated clearly and we are trusting the Lord for the results. We are thankful also to the Lord because we had this Sunday around 20 kids in our service. We trust the Lord that He will grow the number of the children in our meeting and also will save them so that may be the future faithful disciples of the church.

We had around 64 adults all nonbelievers (both young and adults) coming in our second meeting for Christmas. We had a special evangelistic drama performed by the children for the adults and it was very good. A missionary who works in Tirana shared the message of the Christmas. I think that the Lord blessed us immensely in this time. The believers served a lot and were encouraged by this time. We are so thankful to God.

Finally I finished the Seminary on December 21-by God’s grace alone, and on December 23 I had my graduation ceremony. It seems to me that the Seminary will never end. But I am thankful that is over. However to be honest, I miss the classes. It is strange because it has been so demanding, but I have been blessed. God has given me the desires of my heart (Ps 37: 4) -to know Him more and His Word deeper. I am so thankful for this opportunity and for the brothers in the Seminary.

Some good things are happening with us recently. We have three believers now, who despite the battles are growing in Him. Enea has been a blessing. God is using him and his testimony for other nonbelievers. Pano a young believer was really impacted by Enea’s change and also God has sovereingly working in his heart in an obvious way. Pano accepted the Lord and his mom, seeing the change in him was really impressed. So she asked for the Bible, which we gave, and now she reads the Bible and comes in the church. We encouraged her to be part of a Bible study with Nancy and Sheri, but her mother in law and her husband are not allowing her to do Bible studies. However they are allowing her to come to Sunday’s meeting. The reason that they may think she should not be involved in the Bibles studies is that she is the only woman.  But the missionaries are moving to leave in our area so she can have more opportunities to hear the truth. However much favor from the Father is needed in this time. My personal concern has got to do with the continuation of the women ministry. Gary and Nancy are going back to the States for Nancy’s 3 surgeries in her right eye. We need a couple or a women who will continue to teach Memi after February. But Lord knows.  Apart from this battle we have another one.

Enea now feels discouraged because he does not have other believers from the neighborhood and he is not finding a job yet. We believe that this is Satan’s attack to him, but God has his life in His hands.

There is a brother from Kosovo, who is coming to have his internship in our church-plant and in another Baptist church also. We will be working together for sixth month and we trust that this time will be a blessing for all of us.

Our goal as believers for this year is that each of us will be discipling at least one person in the first sixth months, who will continue do disciple another person in the next sixth month and so on.

Also we are going to baptize Enea this February and start an evangelism equipping program in January 22. Lord’s willing also we are going to Bosnia this summer for evangelism.

As you could understand from this news letter we desperately need the work of the Holy Spirit among us in this particular time. So, we would appreciate your faithful prayers.

Please pray for the ministry:

First, let us thank the Lord about His work in Enea, the salvation of Pano, and the desire of his mother to know the Lord. Also let’s thank the Lord for two evangelistic meetings that we had for Christmas and ask Him to work in the hearts and minds of these people.

Please pray also that we will give honor and glory to our God constantly and be totally depended on Him.

Please continue to pray that we will be led by the Spirit, love Him, one another, and the lost ones faithfully.

Please pray to the Lord for the salvation of Memi, Pano’s mother and her family.

Also pray that the Lord will be growing each of us more and more and also will help us to accomplish the goal that we have-to make one disciple in sixth months that would make another one in the next sixth months and so on.

Please pray that the Lord will maintain the ministry with the women going and will provide the right workers for this ministry, when Gary and Nancy will be gone. Sheri also may be engaged and go back to the States. We do not know it yet.

Please pray that the Lord will help Enea in this time and that Enea will grow stronger in his love for the Lord.

Please pray for the growth of Bora.

As for me:

Please pray that the Lord will save my family.

Please pray that the Lord will help me have the love for Him the first love of my life constantly.

That the Lord will give me grace upon grace to honor Him in this time.

That the Lord will give me boldness, the right words to speak the gospel and the right open doors.

That the Lord will help me walk in the Spirit constantly.

Please pray that the Lord will help me to do disciples.

The Lord will provide for me a godly wife in accordance to His will 

I am sending a few pictures from the meetings that we have and from my graduation.

Thank you so much brother and may the Lord’s blessings be upon you fully.

“But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for
God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into marvelous light.” 1 Peter 2: 9

In Christ alone,      

20110119175236_24135366.jpg

등록된 글이 없습니다.

비엔나 한인교회
Evangelische Koreanische Gemeinde Wien
Schützengasse 13, A-1030 Vienna, Austria

© k2s0o1d4e0s2i1g5n. All Rights Reserved